Worship Service Hours
Come Worship with Us! Every Sunday, even during inclement weather!
Sunday Morning Worship Service: 9:00AM
Coffee And Donut Time: 10:00AM
Sunday School: 10:30AM
About Our Church
Your new church family.
New Covenant's history goes back 140 years. In 1877 a Methodist Society was founded, soon to become Carondelet Methodist Episcopal church, meeting in the open air at Carondelet Market Square on south Broadway. After meeting for the next decade in a small wooden structure, a brick building was constructed at the corner of Virginia and Blow Streets. In 1914 the church relocated to Colorado and Bellerive, then called Kingshighway, and changed its name to Kingshighway Methodist Episcopal Church. A parsonage was purchased across the street. In about 1960 membership and attendance peaked, with over 60 active youth. During the 1970s Kingshighway organized and led the Carondelet Council of Churches. Kingshighway gave leadership to the South City Cooperative Parish of United Methodist Churches in the 1990s. A Praise Team was organized in 1998 as a 'blended' worship style was implemented. In the 2009 the name was changed to New Covenant. A recent Capital Campaign (2013) has allowed major renovations of the church facility.